Sunday 18 August 2013

I've been out and about a bit recently, and one the places I've been is the V&A in London (for the squillionth time...I like it there).


But even though I have been there exactly a squillion times I'm pretty sure I haven't seen nearly all that they have on show there. I'll always take a trip to the jewellery room though, that's a given.

Beautiful Brooches. Found on the V&A website

Another of my favourite things to see there are the portrait miniatures, really I'm almost mesmerised by anything in miniature but collections of tiny gold or jewel encrusted frames can tend to make me let out my (very girly) inner girl and squeal a bit. I think maybe I'd like to do something with miniature frames...not to be too vague or anything....something crafty. I'll let you know if this happens.

My boyfriend (afraid I can't take the credit for this one) actually came up with a great idea for how I could display my jewellery. Going along with the 'wild beasts' I've been drawing for the Fauves marketing I could draw some animals which could then be backed on card and stood up to hang my jewellery off of. For instance perhaps a giraffe with a super long neck which the bracelets could hang from. I'll work on this in the next few days, and again, let you know how it turns out.

But less of what I mean to do! I've actively achieved making some new products of late. I now have dolly mixture necklaces, rose bracelets and a few more pairs of earrings to add to my stock. Here, have a look!

Some of these will shortly be appearing on Folksy

And excitingly, I've got a stall at Hitchin Market at the end of the month (31st August!) so it'll be interesting to see how they go.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kat! Thanks for the comment on my blog! It looks like I'm not alone when I say I am especially fond of your earrings. I love the beads and enthnicity to them.

    ReplyDelete