Sunday 1 September 2013

To market to market to buy a fine pig, home again home again jiggety jigg.

Bargin.

Yesterday I was to be found flogging my wares at Hitchin craft and farmers market. There was not a pig in sight. Even so, the market was buzzing and the weather was beautiful and I had South African bunny chow for lunch, which was also beautiful. I met some lovely people and my jewellery sold pretty well!
  Prior to the market I'd been working on things to decorate the stall and hopefully attract interest. I've spent hours painting, printing, backing on card and cutting out trees.

I was watching Adaptation. Hey Meryl!

My original plan was to hang jewellery from the branches but actually that didn't look as good as I'd imagined so they'll just remain as scenery I reckon

Grrrrr. Roar. Rustle. Cuckawwww.

To see how it all came together I set it all up and played market in the kitchen, and now that I'm all grown up I'm allowed to play with real money. I put boxes under the cloth at the back to give it a bit of depth, but forgot to bring these to the actual market itself, despite walking round the house in the morning repeating "boxesboxesboxesboxes"to myself.

Bloody Boxes

My glamourous assistant and business card ninja.

And as if the products weren't enough incentive to visit us...

I learned a lot of things, it was really interesting to see which items were most popular and to hear peoples feedback about it all. I'll definitely be back again and next time I'll be armed with even more trees, perhaps another garland or two, a flask of tea and chairs....definitely chairs next time. And next time I aim to have the table look more like a safari landscape, as well as more trees I might also make some wild grass and perhaps even a jeep!

4 comments:

  1. boxesboxesboxesboxes

    So where is Hitchin craft market? Is that Hitchin in Hertfordshire?

    It would be good to see photos of some of the jewellery that sold well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bloody boxes
      Yes thats the one, its a very nice one- lots going on, nice atmosphere
      ahh, well thank you, I hadn't though about doing that, but I think you're right! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kat, I was also at the Hitchin Craft & Farmers market last month. I really love your blog - such original ideas - and I think it's an awesome idea to explain all the steps in setting up your little business venture. All the best, Perrine from Petit MushyP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember- my mum told me to go look at your crocheted veggies because they were so adorable! Thank you so much for popping by, I really appreciate your comment :)

      Delete